Monday, November 14, 2011

Sales goals and atmosphere working for Clinique/Estee Lauder?

I have had a few offers to work with Clinique or Estee Lauder recently. At the interview they were very adamant about making sales goals, which I understand, but I am worried about them being unobtainable and constantly stressing about reaching them. Do you know anything about this? I have experience with both companies but it was with military sales and very relaxed but the department stores seem much different. Also, how is the atmosphere ex) relationships between co-workers, managers etc.?|||It depends on where you work, and who your AE is. Yes, every department store right now is insane about sales goals because of the economy. Estee Lauder is huge about pre-sale for gifts etc. If you have makeup experience I would recommend MAC or another line instead. Lancome is a good gift line to work for, because they are always busy. I have also heard that Clinique is now the number 1 makeup line because their price point is so low and the economy is what it is. If you have to work for a gift line, try to work at Nordstrom or Bloomy's. Otherwise, I would stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment